Friday, March 14, 2008

A trip with Grandma

We had such a great visit with Grandma Slade or Great Grandma Slade to my children. We sadly had to take her to here sisters house in Columbus. So we made a trip out of it. We took Taylor & Spencer out of school early and headed out of town. On the way we stopped at the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield were a civil war battle was held. Grandma in the Museum and enjoying every minute of it. This museum is not very big, but has so much information to read and see that you could be in there for hours. We only were there for about 1 hour and 1/2. Grandma knew the kids had been there many other times, but they were very patience about letting her take as much time as she needed. This museum has a child space with coloring and reading they have visited many times. We made our way to Columbus in 2 hours and checked into our Hotel. We looked for a place to have dinner and the kids came across their favorite Pizza Place Stevie B's Pizza Buffet. I was not in the mood for pizza, but Grandma said that sounded good to her. I right away spotted a scrapbook store next door to the pizza place and so I made a deal. I will take you to pizza if I get to look in the scrapbook store. They agreed, and of course the scrapbook store had a children's play section. They did not mind it. I bought some really cute bowling paper for when we went bowling a couple of weeks ago. It had been a long day and we were all tired. Great Grandma invited Taylor to sleep with her so she didn't have to sleep on the couch. Taylor agreed happily. Grandma told her she has never slept with a Great granddaughter before. That made Taylor happy that she was the first. We woke up to snow falling the next day when we took Grandma to her sisters house. We were sad to leave her behind, but happy for her she hasn't seen her sister in two years.

1 comments:

Margaret said...

How fun to have Grandma to visit. We love Grandmas here!