Tuesday, March 25, 2008

By the Grace of God

By the Grace of God

In the darkest of moments
when I feel alone
I pray to you my Heavenly Father
and know that my pain is known.
In my times of trials
when happiness seems so far
I look up towards the heavens
and know just where you are.
In my hours of fear
when Satan's hand seems o'er me
I bow my head, fold my arms
and pray on bended knee.

During the raging tempest
when the storm feels to strong
I am carried by my Saviour
who was with me all along.

For I was never left alone
to be lost or downtrod
For I, and all mankind are saved
by the Grace of God.
-Jessica Udall
Jessica writes some of the most beautiful poems I have read. I don't know where she got this talent from. Both sides of Doug's and my family have several people who write poems. She is very talented and gifted in writing. I have encouraged her to write a book. She is putting her poems together in book form for one of her Personal Progress Projects. She wrote this about three weeks ago and I just had to share it with you.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is an incredible poem, I agree she needs to publish a book if the rest are anything like that.

Melysa said...

That was awesome! That would be beautiful to put to music...

Sarah Young said...

Renee, you truly have been blessed with a special daughter in so many ways. She has always been a joy to watch in Young Women's. She's always is trying to be friendly or set a good example to those around her. You did good with that one!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so impressive!!! I don't think I personly know anyone who can write like that! It brought a tear to my eye...she should get that publish in the Ensign! You raise them up write, you go girl!

Renee said...

I sent it in to the New Era. Thank you for all of your sweet commments. Sarah it good to hear from others that your child is a great example to others. We have tried to raise her right.