Monday, July 7, 2008

Girls camp or Bust

I had the opportunity to go to girls camp a couple of weeks ago with our young women and let me tell you we have the best girls ever. I had several other leaders from other wards tell me that they have been watching our girls and loving that they are such great friends and that they don't bicker and fight with each other. That they genuinely love each other. They also said because of that they want to put there house up for sale and move into our ward. What better complement can a young women's leader get. I feel so blessed to have these girls and I am very humble to be able to work with them as Young Women's President. I have finally posted just some random pictures that I took at camp. We had such amazing food while we were there. Of course we had one of our own in the kitchen who let us raid it when we wanted. Thanks Jeanne you are truly an awesome cook. This is her with my other half at camp Jackie. Two of my beehives Berkley and Anna on our four mile hike, that felt like 10 miles. It was like climbing stairs half of the time, but I did it. Here our some more of my girls, Ashley B. Ashley J., Joni, and Vanessa. The girls went to the lake every afternoon to cool off. They kept showing off to me and for the camera. They also held a water balloon volleyball tournament, which our ward dominated at again this year. The girls were so proud to win again. This is Jessica and Amanda. Our first day here at camp with Jessica singing along with the song. I love camp songs.

My better half at camp Jackie and me posing for a picture on the first day. All of the girls that went to camp, 104. our stake camp director did a great job. The theme was B.O.O.T: Building Our Own Testimonies. Jessica taking in some water in an unconventional way. Notice the hair, all of the girls in the whole camp french braid their hair. Leaders included, yep that's right I let the girls french braid my hair. It sure did help keep you cool, because it was hot and humid. The girls would get creative on the way they would braid it. I felt so loved that the girls would think of me, to try and prank me. They decorated our cabin, don 't you think it goes? I am so grateful to my husband for taking good care of the kids and the house while I was away with Jessica at girls camp. I came home to a very clean house and all of the laundry done. My husband is the best ever. I love you Doug!!!!!
My favorite part of camp was every night we had a devotional in our cabins with our own ward and the older girls gave it. Then we would kneel down together, like a family and have prayer. Every night the spirit was very strong and these girls are Building There Own Testimonies.

2 comments:

rachel said...

OK. A couple things.

* You guys are LUCKY to have cabins. We have to tent camp and cook our own meals in our own units. Can you say HARD WORK???

* I am soooooooooo jealous you got to go to camp. I LOVE GIRLS CAMP MORE THAN ANYTHING! (well, maybe not more than my husband and children, but you get the point.)

* B.O.O.T. Camp! We did that theme several years ago. But your t-shirts were way better.

Glad you had fun.

Kirsten said...

You guys get CABIns??? That is totally unfair.... I am so glad you had a good week and that you were able to go.