Friday, January 25, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Spencer started to carve his pinewood derby car in December. He came up with what he wanted to do and began to work on it. Doug assisted him, but let him do it for himself. Here he is before the race. Here he is checking in. Doug is the cub master in our ward and he registered all of the cars. He kept the whole crowd entertained all night. He did a great job. Spencer with his friend Andrew waiting for the races to begin. Spencer watching his car come down the track. He was 2nd in this race out of three racers. He did not win, but just like Doug reminded all of the crazy parents we have in our ward that it is for fun and to learn something new. The boys had a blast and it was the most successful pinewood derby our ward has ever had, so I was told by a member of the bishopric. We had a really big crowd and not one boy complained about anything. They had a blast racing and were cheering each other on. We are proud of Spencer and his ability to use his pocket knife to create a car.

3 comments:

rachel said...

GOOD FOR DOUG letting Spencer do it himself!!!! So many dads nowadays do it for their boys. Sad. I'm proud of you guys.

I can just imagine Doug keeping everyone entertained. Ha ha! What a fun night it looks like you had.

I got your phone message yesterday when I called home from the mall to check voice mails. Thank you for your sweet message. I love you!

Margaret said...

Our kids LOVE the pinewood derby. They like to have Greg help! But good for Spencer for doing it all by himself! Our is coming up in May.

Margaret said...

or March?