Jessica and a couple of her friends, Shae, Alyssa, and Chelsea all went and had a pedicure for the Prom.
Then my good friend Melysa came to the rescue and offered to do Jessica's hair for her. She did an amazing job. She looked beautiful.
Jessica all ready to go to the Mormon prom. Here they do a Mormon prom for nine stakes down at Georgia Tech University. It is just like any other prom, except you have to adhere to the youth standards. I love that they have this alternative for the kids here in the south. She wanted to get picture done at the Lake so we met her date there.
Her date Preston Burkhart putting on her corsage.
Pictures down at the lake at the Gazebo.
Preston was such a gentleman helping her so she would not fall.
The whole gang that went to Prom was 21 kids. We all met at the church for photo's and then a few of us parents put together a dinner for them. They all wanted to be together and so we thought this was the way and so much cheaper.
Here is a picture of what the tables looked like. We tried to make it extra nice.
I made the place cards with my Cricut!!! I love that machine.
Here she is at the table with her date and her friends and their dates.
They even had waiters who are friends of theirs who are not old enough to go the prom yet.
Shawn, Dallan and Anna had it going on and were a crack up.
We needed to drive the kids to the dance. So five of us couples drove the kids to the prom in downtown Atlanta and dropped them off and went to Atlantic station for dinner and hung out. It was a blast for us and nice for the kids. Here in Georgia, the law is that you cannot drive anyone else besides your family in the car for the first six months of driving. Only a few of the kids had there license that long. So us parents had the privilege of taking them down there.
Finally reaching the dance.
This is the only picture that I am posting of inside the dance, because it has taken me three days to post all of these pictures and I am tired of this blog.




6 comments:
SO fantastic!!
Nine stakes? Who sponsors it? Who decorates??
Ours is a Tri-Stake dance once a year and they call it the Modest is Hottest dance ... but it's also known as Mormon Prom to the kids.
I can't even imagine how HUGE yours would be.
So, Preston?... tell me about this... I want details. ;)
WOW.
What a neat thing they put on for the kids.
I still can't believe your baby just went to prom.
Jessica is so BEAUTIFUL! I think she looks just like her mom! I loved her red dress! What a FUN GOOD CLEAN Prom! So cool! I am glad she had a great time!
That's AWESOME!! I love her beautiful, MODEST dress! I know it is so hard for the girls to find those these days. She really does look just like you when we were in high school (except her hair is more flat/less spiked up in front and on the side - HA!! I crack myself up!). You guys really helped to make that a special night for them. What a great mom you are. You ROCK!! She is simply beautiful.
I dig the name Preston you know aka P-man : )
Wow, first prom, her dress looked amazing. The dinner looked amazing and I hope they left the crack up waiters a big tip.
Jessica looks beautiful! I love her dress.
Post a Comment